I got this recipe from my mom-in-law and I love it! I was never a big fan of banana cream pie before but the honey in this recipe adds fantastic flavor and depth and compliments the bananas perfectly. This pie is a must around the holidays and on special events in the Le Bel home.
9" graham cracker crumb crust
1/2 c. honey
1/4 c. cornstarch
1/2 tsp. salt
3 c. milk
4 egg yolks, slightly beaten
2 Tbsp. butter or margarine, softened
1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. vanilla
Mix the honey, cornstarch an salt in a 2 quart saucepan. Gradually stir in milk. Cover over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir 1 minute.
Stir at least half of the hot mixture gradually into egg yolks. Stir into hot mixture in saucepan. Boil and stir 1 minute; remove from heat. Stir in margarine, and vanilla. Cool to room temperature.
Slice 2 large bananas into pie shell. Pour filling over bananas. Refrigerate until serving time. Top with whipping cream if desired and garnish with sliced bananas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment